Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
Homemade sauce, great taste! Prep time is approximate. This recipe is taken from Colorado Cache cookbook...my favorite cookbook.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped mild green chilies
- 2 cups drained chopped canned tomatoes
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4 cups grated monterey jack cheese (1 pound)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups sour cream (16 ounces)
- Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth and cook until thickened.
- Add chiles and tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Puree sauce in blender or food processor.
- Dip each tortilla in sauce, place a large spoonful of cheese and a spoonful of sauce in each and roll up.
- Place filled, rolled tortillas in a large, flat ungreased baking pan.
- Pour remaining sauce over all and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- To serve, garnish with sliced avocado, sour cream and chopped green onion.
Note: Dipping the tortillas in the sauce helps to make them flexible. I soak mine pretty good, before filling them.
Hi,these tasted prety good but I had to add cornstarch to thicken it up and the tortillas kept ripping and falling apart,if I can keep that from happening I will make it again.Thanks