Awesome and easy cheese enchilada recipe. Tip: I struggled the first time I made these, and a few of my tortillas fell apart. If your first time is for a dinner party or gathering, be sure to buy extra tortillas just in case!!! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- 2You will need some tongs and a plate or tray to assemble your enchiladas.
- 3Using tongs, dip two corn tortillas at a time into the hot oil. When the tortillas start to bubble, lift and dip them into the oil 3 times fairly quickly.
- 4The goal here is to make the tortillas soft. If the tortillas are left in the oil too long they will get hard and be difficult to roll. If that happens just toss them out and start over.
- 5After dipping in the oil, dip the tortillas into hot enchilada sauce to coat. Now put the tortillas on a plate to cool one minute.
- 6Add a handfull of the grated cheese and sprinkle some onion down the center of one tortilla and roll it. Do this by grabbing one end of the tortilla and bringing it 3/4 of the way over to the other end. Tuck and roll the tortilla.
- 7Pick up the cheese enchilada with your fore fingers on the botton where the seam is. Let your pinky fingers cover the ends of the enchilada to keep the cheese from falling out while you move it to an oven proof dish.
- 8Using a ladle, pour hot enchilada sauce over the top of the cheese enchiladas and let plenty of sauce run down the sides. Sprinkle more cheese and onion on top in the desired amount.
- 9Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place your enchiladas in the oven. Heat the cheese enchiladas until they look somewhat flat and the sauce is bubbling. This will take 15 minutes or more. Remember, you want to make sure the cheese inside the enchilada is melted.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 804.4
- Calories from Fat 476
- Total Fat 52.9 g
- Saturated Fat 32.2 g
- Cholesterol 158.7 mg
- Sodium 1238.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 42.5 g