1/6 Photos of Cheese Enchiladas
This is hands down my favorite meal. Based upon the consensus of the people I have made a minor change to the recipe by sauteeing the onions before putting in the cheese mixture to assist with cooking the onions thoroughly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 flour tortillas, 6 inch
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a medium saucepan combine tomato sauce, chili powder, oregano, cumin, and garlic. Cook until heated through, about ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Meanwhile, place the onions in a skillet and cook until translucent. Remove from heat to cool slightly.
- 4In a medium sized bowl, combine cheeses, sour cream, onion, parsley, and pepper.
- 5Place 3/4 cup sauce on the bottom of a 13x9 dish.
- 6Spoon 1/2 cup of cheese mixture into each of the 8 tortillas, roll, and place seam side down in dish.
- 7Pour remaining sauce over tortillas. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese has melted inside tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.6
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 68.2 mg
- Sodium 1412.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 21.4 g