1/3 Photos of Cheese Enchiladas
I recently tried this recipe from the last issue of Taste of Home and we really enjoyed it. You can substitute any type of cheese you'd like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1/4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/8 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- ripe olives, sliced (optional)
- additional sour cream (optional)
- 1In large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat; simmer uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 4Spoon 2 T sauce over each tortilla.
- 5In large bowl, combine the Monterey Jack, 1 cup cheddar cheese, onions, sour cream, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 6Place about 1/3 cup down the center of each tortilla.
- 7Roll up and place seam side down in 1 greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- 8Pour remaining sauce over top.
- 9Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees, for 20 minutes.
- 10Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- 11Bake 4-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- 12Garnish with lettuce, olives and sour cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.3
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 50.0 mg
- Sodium 989.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 17.4 g