Recipe by Pismo
I love these cheese enchiladas. My mom has had this recipe forever. I'm sure you could add chicken or some other meat if you like, but I like these just the way they are!
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 (11 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons canned green chilies
- 1⁄2 lb grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium heat add pinto beans to skillet. Mash beans a little and add shortening and water. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and onions and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add green chilies and 1/2 lb grated cheese. Mix well.
- Spray 13x9x2" baking dish with cooking spray and pour 1 can enchilada sauce on bottom. Fill each tortilla with cheese/bean mixture, roll and place in dish.
- Top with remaining can of enchilada sauce and 1 cup (or more!) grated cheese. Bake for 20 minutes at 350.