I love these cheese enchiladas. My mom has had this recipe forever. I'm sure you could add chicken or some other meat if you like, but I like these just the way they are!
- Over medium heat add pinto beans to skillet. Mash beans a little and add shortening and water. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and onions and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add green chilies and 1/2 lb grated cheese. Mix well.
- Spray 13x9x2" baking dish with cooking spray and pour 1 can enchilada sauce on bottom. Fill each tortilla with cheese/bean mixture, roll and place in dish.
- Top with remaining can of enchilada sauce and 1 cup (or more!) grated cheese. Bake for 20 minutes at 350.
This recipe was easy and mildly spiced so I was able to make it up for a party of 10. The only change is that I chose to not add salt and found the recipe excellent.
A quick, basic,and easy to make recipe. Just the right about of spice to keep things interesting, but still okay for kids! All of the ingredients can be kept on hand to make without having to make a special trip to the store. I serve these with plain white rice on the side. Thanks!