1/3 Photos of Cheese Enchilada Chowder
6 hrs 25 mins
From BHG. A slow-cooker chowder.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell peppers or 1/2 cup red bell peppers or 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
- 1Add the black beans, tomatoes, frozen corn, onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno pepper to a 4 quart slow-cooker; stir to combine.
- 2In a mixing bowl, add the enchilada sauce and cream soup; whisk together.
- 3Gradually whisk in the milk until mixture is smooth.
- 4Pour over vegetables in slow-cooker.
- 5Cover and cook on LOW heat for 6-8 hours.
- 6Add cheese and stir until melted.
- 7Ladle hot soup into individual serving bowls and top with sour cream, guacamole and broken tortilla chips if desired.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Enchilada Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (459 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.9
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 51.9 mg
- Sodium 1399.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 21.6 g