1 hr 10 mins
The Woodwindist's Note:
Something I dashed off tonight for dinner. I'm still working on the details to fine-tune this recipe, especially since I don't exactly remember how I made it tonight. As time goes by, I'll edit the recipe to correct some of the errors that are almost certainly here. Feel free to post your own thoughts and concerning and personal modifications to this very basic recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 7 -8 potatoes, grated and squeezed of excess liquid
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (tasty possibilities) or 16 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese (tasty possibilities) or 16 ounces mozzarella cheese (tasty possibilities)
- sliced black olives (optional)
- bacon (crumbled) (optional)
- diced ham (optional)
- sliced smoked sausage (optional)
- bulk pork sausage (optional)
- bell pepper (optional)
- sliced mushrooms (optional)
- chopped yellow onions (optional) or white onions, optional (optional) or red onion (optional)
- 1Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet at medium-high heat.
- 2Add the potatoes and use your spatula to make sure the potatoes are fairly evenly coated with oil.
- 3Lightly grease a 13 X 9 baking pan.
- 4Let the potatoes cook about 5-7 minutes. Check the bottom. If the bottom of the potatoes is brown, turn the potatoes. Leave the potatoes to cook another 5-7 minutes, and then recheck them. Make sure you keep the turning to a minimum.
- 5Beat the 12 eggs in a large bowl. Add the milk, salt, and pepper and beat together.
- 6When the potatoes have been thoroughly cooked, remove them from the pan and arrange them evenly on the bottom of the 13 X 9 baking pan.
- 7Pour the egg mixture over the top.
- 8Add any of the optional ingredients.
- 9Cover with the cheese.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese, Egg, & Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (504 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 726.4
- Calories from Fat 398
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 452.9 mg
- Sodium 729.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 36.7 g