Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Cheese crackers with onion soup mix in them. From a cute book I saw in the library called, "Help! My Apartment Has A Kitchen." Cooking time includes chilling time.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, at room temperature
- 0.5 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup flour
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well combined. You will probably want to use your hands. The mixture will feel like Play-Doh but slightly greasy. Or combine the ingredients in a food processor and process continually until mixed.
- Divide the dough into thirds and shape each into a 6-inch-long roll, 1 inch in diameter. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to make the dough easier to slice.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut each roll into 24 1/4" slices. Place on an ungreased baking sheet, leaving at least 1/2 inch of space between each slice.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until they begin to brown. Check frequently during the last minutes so they don't burn. These taste good hot as well as at room temperature.