- 30 g cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 60 g finely grated cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lemon rind (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub butter into the flour until crumbly.
- Mix in the cheese, thyme and about 1/2 cup (125ml) of water or enough to bind the mixture together.
- Roll 2 level teaspoons of the mixture into balls.
- Place in to the soup and simmer covered for 8 minutes or until the dumplings are plump.
- Season to taste and scatter with the lemon rind.