Recipe by JennaScarfe
I found this recipe online. It looked easy and sounded good! Thought I would post it before I tried it.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, for brushing (more or less)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk, if needed (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Sift flour and baking powder together.
- Cut in mayonnaise and 2 tablespoons butter, until mixture is the consistency of coarse meal.
- Add cheese and buttermilk and stir until the mixture is a sticky ball.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet, brush each biscuit with the melted butter.
- Makes 30 party size snacks or 8 to 10 dinner sized biscuits. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.