Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Hot open face cheese sandwich. Nice to accompany soup or salad or as an appetizer.
- 8 ounces American cheese or 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 12 English muffins, cut into halves
- Mix grated cheese with cream cheese, baking powder, butter, and egg.
- Beat until very creamy.
- Toast English muffins; then spread cheese mixture on the cut sides of the muffins.
- Place these on broiler, broil until browned and puffed.