Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Grafton Village Cheese Company, Grafton, Vermont
- 4 slices white bread
- 2 slices grafton cheddar cheese (or enough sliced cheese to cover 2 slices of bread)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- vermont maple syrup
- Place 2 slices of bread on a work surface; cover each with slices of cheddar cheese; top with remaining bread.
- Lightly press sandwiches together.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together until frothy; transfer mixture to a shallow bowl or pie plate.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat; dip each sandwich in the egg batter, letting the excess drip off, and place sandwich in the skillet.
- Fry sandwiches over med heat until golden brown on each side, turning only once.
- Slice sandwiches in half or in quarters, and serve with Vermont maple syrup for dipping.