Prep 4 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are awesome--people really enjoy them.
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hot dog buns
- 6 hot dogs
- 1⁄2 cup Cheese Whiz
- Prepare grill.
- Brush onion slices with oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill onions turning once, until tender.
- Grill hotdogs the way you like them.
- Melt Cheese Whiz.
- Serve hotdogs with buns; pour Cheese Whiz over hotdogs and top with onions.
- I hope you enjoy them.
You know, I thought it a little odd going into this recipe, and was unsure what I'd really end up with. Gotta say tho, for cheap eats that needs 0 skill and ambition to make, this was really pretty good. Not for guests so much (Unless yours are like mine, drunk and hungry, then they are perfect) But really good for drunken single/double person eats. Moderate the amount of cheese tho. A little goes a long way.