Recipe by Pinay0618
This spicy dip was served at a holiday party given by a sweet friend of mine, who graciously directed me to the recipe from Cooking Light.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb frozen cooked peeled and deveined crawfish tail meat, thawed, rinsed, and drained
- 1 lb light processed cheese, cubed (such as Velveeta Light)
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes, and green chiles undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes, and green chiles drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 5 1⁄2 ounces baked tortilla chips
- green onion, strips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add well-rinsed crawfish; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove mixture from pan; cover and keep warm.
- Add cheese and tomatoes to pan; cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Stir in crawfish mixture and chopped green onions. Serve with tortilla chips. Garnish with green onion strips, if desired.