Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
An unusual combination of flavors in an appetizer! From the 1963 Peter Pan Peanut Butter Cook Book --
- 24 slices rye cocktail bread
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice (dill pickle juice)
- 24 slices dill pickles (can be lengthwise or round slices ~ enough slices to garnish tops of rye bread rounds)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat to 350 degrees.
- Combine peanut butter, shredded cheese, and pickle juice.
- Spread peanut butter mixture on slices of cocktail rye bread.
- Top with dill pickle slices.
- Heat in 350 degree oven for 5-6 minutes, or until peanut butter mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Makes 2 dozen appetizers.