Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Super moist with just a touch of sweetness, this quick bread is good with a little cream cheese and thin slices of cucumber or lightly toasted and spread with your favorite preserves. Dried dill weed can be used if u can’t find fresh ones.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8½x4½-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Set aside.
- Whisk cottage cheese, eggs, milk, sugar, butter and dill in large bowl until blended.
- Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened.
- (Batter will be stiff).
- Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan or wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
Very easy and very yummy! I used just 3 T sugar, and the bread tasted great. Goes very well (lightly toasted) with tomato soup.
Made for the Flour Power Photo Challenge, this bread is fantastic & I wish I could give it the 10* it deserves. Such an easy-fix & we were so impatient to taste it that we ate it warm w/butter after the 1st cooling period & removal from the baking dish. No fault of the recipe, but that was my only prob ~ I did not have the right pan size to make it as a loaf, so I used a 10" rd glass casserole dish & it was perfectly done at 38 min when tested w/a wood skewer. The taste is great, the sweetness from the sugar only subtle & the cottage cheese gives it richness. We loved this bread! Thx for sharing the recipe w/us. :-)
Took this to work for a snack and my co-workers just went nuts! I served plain cream cheese and the vegetable cream cheese to spread on it. Thanks for sharing!