A tribute to the universally favored cheese danish--hopefully with less fat and calories:) These are really fabulous if drizzled with a simple lemon glaze (some powdered sugar and lemon juice).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400*F.
- 2Have ready 12 greased or paper-lined standard-size muffin cups.
- 3In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 2 Tbsp.
- 4sugar, and lemon juice until fluffy; set aside.
- 5In another bowl, beat the egg lightly with a fork; add the milk, melted butter, and lemon zest.
- 6In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 7Add the egg mixture just until combined; do not overmix.
- 8Fill the muffin cups 1/2 full; place 1 Tbsp.
- 9of the cheese mixture in the center of each cup.
- 10Cover with remaining batter; bake for 20 minutes, until tops are lightly golden and a toothpick tests out clean.
- 11Cool 5 minutes in the tins before inverting onto wire racks.
- 12Dust with powdered sugar or drizzle with a lemon glaze, if desired; serve warm or cool.
- 13Store covered in the refrigerator; bring to room temperature before serving.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Danish Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.4
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 51.9 mg
- Sodium 400.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 4.8 g