Recipe by ratherbebaking
This is one of those recipes that when someone ask for the recipe they are surprised how easy it is, and I get a lot of request for this one.
Top Review by dfrazie
Absolutely divine! I used fat free cream cheese, low fat cressent rolls and egg substitute for a great low fat version. Thanks for the recipe, the lemon juice adds a great kick. Creamy and delicious.
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 egg, separated
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and egg yolk until smooth and creamy.
- Spread one can of rolls out press on bottom of pan.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over bottom rolls.
- Top cream cheese mixture with the second can of rolls, pinching"seams" closed.
- Brush with beaten egg white and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Cool until just warm.
- Cut into squares to serve.