Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Easily made with refrigerated crescent rolls.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Mix the cream cheese, lemon juice, flour, sugar and egg together until creamy.
- Unwrap rolls and form into a rectangle.
- Spoon the filling down the center of the dough, fold the sides over leaving an open space with the filling showing, and pinch the ends up.
- Bake according to package directions.
Great Danish Charlotte! I heated up some fresh blueberries with a little sugar, cornstarch and water and poured the blueberry sauce over the danish right before eating. Talk about awesome! Everyone here gave them thumbs up! Thanks!
From: Kitty On Aug 19, 2008 This was my first attempt at this recipe and it was absolutley delicious. I had nothing but great reviews. It was also quick and easy. The only thing I changed was adding the extra tablespoon of flour. (Also based on one of the reviews)
My daughters and I made this for the Zaar Stars challenge in ZWTIII. We had great time making it! The flavor in this danish was wonderful with just a hint of lemon. The filling was a bit runny when I sliced it, so next time I'll also add an extra tablespoon of flour. The only change I made was to add icing on top after baking. I mixed confectioners sugar and lemon juice. Thanks for a delicious danish and a good time!