Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Swiss Cheese and tomatoes, custard style yummmmmy!
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell (frozen or thawed)
- 5 large roma tomatoes (meaty, not juicy tomatoes please)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 450'. Bake the pie shell in the oven for 5 minutes. Reduce the oven to 375'.
- Slice the tomatoes into 1/4" slices and layer them into the partially baked pie shell. Sprinkle the tomatoes with the garlic salt, pepper, sugar and the basil.
- Mix the evaporated milk and the eggs together. Pour over the tomatoes in the pie shell. Cover with the sliced swiss cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and custard is set. Cool for a few minutes to set up before serving.