1/1 Photo of Cheese Crusted Chicken
I am posting the original recipe that I received but I have changed things when I didn't have them on hand such as the cheese, I've used a mixture of Parmesan and mild cheddar. And I never seem to have time to flatten them so I just just browned them first and then cook them in the oven to finish them off.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2/3 cup swiss cheese or 2/3 cup gruyere or 2/3 cup your favorite cheese, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup dry Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges, for garnish
- 1Pound breasts lightly to flatten to uniform 1/4 inch thick: set aside.
- 2Sift together flour, salt, nutmeg, and pepper; Have beaten egg in a pie pan. Mix together cheese and bread crumbs; set aside.
- 3Coat breast halves with seasoned flour, shaking off excess; dip in egg, then in cheese-crumb mixture, coating well.
- 4In a large, non-stick skillet over MEDIUM heat, melt butter.
- 5Add chicken and sauté until golden brown on both sides (about 5 minutes per side). Drain on paper towels.
- 6Serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Crusted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.9
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 168.5 mg
- Sodium 766.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 40.2 g