Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is Sumaiya Yahya's recipe from Young Times. Its simply wonderful! Enjoy!
- 4 large potatoes, washed,peeled and diced
- 4 large onions, peeled,washed and sliced
- 3 leeks, cleaned,washed and sliced
- 1 medium green cabbage, washed and sliced
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 4 sliced bread, crusts removed
- 2 cups cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- oil, to fry
- Put the first four ingredients in a large and heavy-bottomed pan.
- Add water, until it is 1 inch over the veggies, and the stock cubes.
- Cover and cook until the veggies are very tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Allow to cool down to room temperature.
- Process once it has cooled down.
- In the meantime, cut the bread into cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry the bread cubes (croutons) in the hot oil until golden.
- Drain on clean paper towels.
- Pour the soup into bowls.
- Top with croutons.
- Sprinkle cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Place under a grill.
- Cook until the cheese is golden.
- Serve hot.
This needed more seasoning....garlic, onion, herbs, something, anything. Sounded nice but did't turn out good at all.