Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Your answer for an elegant meal that doesn't take hours to prepare.
- 4 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin or 4 (4 ounce) top sirloin steaks
- 1⁄4 cup chevre cheese with herbs or 1⁄4 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- In medium, oiled skillet over medium-high heat, brown steaks 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove to baking pan and top each steak with one quarter of the cheese.
- Broil 3 minutes or until cheese is browned.
- Meanwhile stir jam and vinegar into skillet and bring just to boil.
- Serve steaks on a pool of sauce, drizzling a little over top.
- Variation: Substitute whole cranberry sauce for jam and dry red wine for vinegar.