Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
For anchovy lovers. What great combination of flavors. This is from Giada D.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley (flat leaf)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leave
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 slices baguette (2-inch x 1/3-inch thick)
- 1 cup grated provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt butter in heavy small skillet over medium heat. Add anchovies and stir until they dissolve, about 3 minutes. Stir in herbs, garlic, lemon zest, and red pepper.
- Arrange bread slices on a large baking sheet. Brush with anchovy mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until cheese melts and bread is golden, about 10 minutes. Cut bread slices in halves and serve.
oh my was this GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!! i followed everything except i used DRIED thyme and DRIED parsley and had to use shredded mozzarella since that's all i had. but man o man it still came out fabulous. will go into my favorite file!