Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are famous snacks in Brazil and are often served any time of day. They're usually served with salsa.
- 2 ounces butter, cubed
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 egg, separated
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup any hard cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, as needed
- 1 tablespoon water or 1 tablespoon water, as needed
- chili, salsa for serving
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rub butter into flour until it gives a coarse mixture.
- Add egg yolk, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, and water, and mix together. Add a tablespoon of water if you find them difficult to bind.
- Shape dough into golf ball size.
- Dip into slightly beaten egg white.
- Place in a well oiled baking sheet and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until brown and crispy.
- Invert the balls as well baking this time for 5 minutes or until brown and crispy too.
- Serve warm with chili salsa.
Very tasty. Had to put them back in the oven for another 5 minutes as they were a bit doughy inside. Next time I will squish them down for more even cooking. Will definitely try again, Thanks.
Very good! So easy! I used marinara sauce to dip them in, which went great with the parm cheese. These would be great to serve at a party :) Made for PAC spring 09.