Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from "The Mississippi Cookbook." Submitted by Mrs. Danny Hartley of Clarksdale, MS.
Top Review by Roxxy
Even though these turned out quite tasty, I did have problems with the mix being quite wet and had to add more flour. I used a food processor to mix it all up. Next time I might adjust the liquids down somewhat so as not to need extra flour. Were quite popular with the family.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups cracker crumbs