Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
Almost any cheese can be used to make these crisps. Sharper cheeses are the best for sweeter soups and mild cheese for full body soups. The Parmesan and asiago mix makes for a great appetizer/canape base or salad topping. The uses for the crisps are endless; soup or salad toppings, chips for chip and dip, base for finger food, etc. Use your imagination. They can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Re-crisp in a hot oven right before serving.
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated asiago cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large nonstick skillet.
- Toss the cheeses with the flour in a small bowl. Add level tablespoons of the mixture at least 2 inches apart onto the hot skillet. Flatten each mound into a 2 1/2" circle and cook over moderate heat until edges brown, about 2 minutes. Flip the cheese crisps with a thin spatula and cook until golden.
- Transfer the crisps to a plate and let cool.