Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Try this appetizer at your next dinner party!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- Cream cheese and butter.
- Add flour, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Flour hands and shape into 2 rolls, 1" in diameter.
- Wrap in wax paper and chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice thin and bake for 10 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Makes 70.
I wonder if I didn't slice mine thin enough because they weren't real crisp. The flavor was nice. I could see serving these with a salad for a first course too. Especially if I could get them thin enough to be crisp.
My Gosh! My father-in- law just had a heart attack and this is an item they can have! I used NO fat cheese, No fat Sour Cream, and No Salt added Stewed Tomatoes. It is there favorite lunch.