Prep 55 mins
Cook 5 mins
From "Cape Town Food" by Phillipa Cheifitz. 4zwt
- 1⁄2 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons soft butter
- 1⁄2 cup cake flour
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- Mix ingredients together into a dough.
- Roll into a tube shape and wrap in parchment or waxed paper and freeze until chilled enough to slice thinly. Don't slice them too thick or they won't get crisp.
- Bake @375F on parchment for about 5 minutes or until golden, depending on how thick you sliced them. Watch them as they can burn quickly.
- Cool slightly, then cool on a wire rack, storing in an airtight container when completely cooled.