Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are a yummy low-carb alternative to cheez-its or goldfish crackers! The cayenne pepper is optional, but I like it for a little zip. If you have a cookie press, they are super fast & easy to form. I also love that they are uniform in shape. :) My serving size is eight crackers, & I got 64 crackers total from this recipe.
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all ingredients into food processor & process until the butter is fully incorporated & the dough forms a ball.
- Remove dough from food processor. Roll into a log shape. Insert into your cookie press with the die that makes two small cross-shaped cookies per pressing. Or, you know, whatever floats your boat. This is what I used to get smaller Cheez-it sized crackers. Press the dough directly onto a cool, ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until golden.
- If you don't have a cookie press, you can roll the dough between two sheets of parchment & cut into small squares with a pizza wheel. This works fine, it's just more time consuming.