Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
You can freeze these little crackers and reheat them in the toaster oven until they start to sizzle. They're a great appetizer too. From Linda Larsen, Your Guide to Busy Cooks, about.com
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In medium bowl, combine butter and cheese. Mix together until well blended. Add flour, salt and chives to butter mixture and mix until blended.
- Form dough into 1" balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten balls using the bottom of a drinking glass.
- Prick each cracker several times with a fork.
- Bake crackers for 12-15 minutes until very lightly browned around the edges.
- Remove to a wire rack and cool.
- These reheat very well in a toaster oven, if you like your crackers hot!
- Just place on a piece of foil in the oven and heat until they are sizzling.
- TO FREEZE:.
- Place on cookie sheet until frozen solid. Then place in heavy duty ziplock freezer bags, label, and freeze for 3-4 months. Thaw at room temperature, then reheat in toaster oven or oven until hot.