Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
These crackers are very simple to make and the dough freezes well.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese or 1 cup asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- Process butter and garlic in a large food processor until smooth.
- Add flour, cheese, and parsley; process until well blended.
- Shape cheese mixture into two 10" long rolls.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill 2 hours or until firm enough to slice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut rolls into 1/4" slices.
- Place slices on an ungreased baking sheet and bake 13-15 minutes or until crackers are golden brown.
- Transfer crackers to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
i wasn't really sure what to expect with the recipe. it was much wetter than i thought it might be, however, hardened nicely in the fridge. i was worried that because it was so wet before it cooled that it just might melt to mush in the oven, however it cooked up nicely.
i would describe the cracker as being similar to a shortbread cookie. not my favorite, but the recipe worked out well.