Recipe by Mean Mary
Delightful cheese cracker that is fine on its own, maybe a glass of wine. Original recipe came from an event that was sponsored by the March of Dimes in Tacoma WA many years ago.
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, Tilamook preferred
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate the cheese and allow to soften to room temperature. Blend cheese, butter, flour, salt and pepper together. Mix in Rice Krispies. From into small teaspoon sized balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Press with tines of fork to make crossed indentations.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 18 minutes.
- Time needed to soften cheese is not included in preparation time.