Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
I honestly don't know how we came up with this concoction but my son loves it as a snack...and its not half bad.
- 1⁄2 cup cheese crackers, like cheese-its
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 3 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 black olives, sliced
- 6 pieces pepperoni, sliced into strips
- Set up a plate as if you are making nachos. Layer the sauce, cheese, olives, and pepperoni on top of the cheese crackers.
- Place in a toaster oven or oven at 350 degrees until the cheese is melted.
- Let your kids enjoy as a fun after school snack.
It does make an excellent snack!
I made this for my very picky son tonight. I mean he won't eat anything except certain things. He won't even eat sauce on spaghetti. I used a spoon and splashed the pizza sauce around on top of the crackers because I didn't know whether he would like sauce or not. I didn't have the regular cheese its so I used the white cheddar cheese its I had on hand and I cut the pepperoni into quarters instead of strips. I also only had yellow cheddar on hand, so I used that. After my son ate a plate of these, he asked for more. When he was finished eating, I asked him how many stars and he said "definitely five!" So, that's what I gave it. He loved it and it was a very good idea for a change of regular nachos. Thanks so much for sharing this. He said he wants it often so now I have another dish to add to his menu list. He is 17 now and will be "cooking" this for himself after school and on weekends. Very good recipe!!!