Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from the Weight Watchers cookbook. It is delicious
- 1 1⁄4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk, plus
- 2 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 1 -2 teaspoon jalapeno
- Preheat oven to 400*; spray 12 muffin tin with Pam.
- In large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, beat the buttermilk and egg.
- Pour over the flour mixture; add cheeses, corn, and jalepenos.
- Stir just until mixed.
- Do not over stir.
- Transfer to tin.
- Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes.