Recipe by Chef PotPie
I've been making this for over 20 years, and was surprised not to see it here on Zaar. I got this recipe from my dear Auntie. I've changed it a bit over the years to make it "just a little less" on the fat than the original, but if you make this, forget your diet! I make it for special occasions only. Leftovers are great on hamburgers, in chili, use your imagination! It's yummy! The tomatoes and jalapenos can be substituted with 1-2 cans Rotel. Serve with chips of your choice.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Easy to make and so good! Instead of using regular Velveeta, I used 2% milk Velveeta. I completely omitted the butter....still delicious and the calories from fat dropped from 82% to 39%. We used apples for dipping!
- 1 (1 lb) package Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup butter, cubed (I use 1 stick)
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can jalapeno peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- In microwave or on stove top, melt together and stir Velveeta and butter.
- Do this slowly on medium heat and stir frequently to combine.
- Use a wire whisk near the end of this process to completely mix these two ingredients.
- In blender, blend tomatoes and jalapenos.
- Add this mixture to cheese mixture.
- Combine thoroughly, re-heat, and serve warm in a fondue pot or chafing dish.