Recipe by glitter
One for all the fish lovers in your house, especially the kids. Has what they like. Cheese and breading! Enjoy!!
- 2 lbs halibut fillets, 1 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup corn oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb, unseasoned
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the halibut into 1" pieces approximately 2" long and 1" wide.
- Combine the oil, salt, and garlic.
- Marinate the halibut steaks in the oil for about 1-2 min.
- Drain the liquid.
- Roll the halibut into the cheese and then in the dry bread crumbs.
- Place on an oiled baking sheet so that your pieces don't touch.
- You want to have air flowing between so they brown evenly.
- Bake in a very hot oven.
- 450* for about12 min.
- Take out when done, and serve.
- These are so tasty they can be served with or without tartar sauce.
- Or even a good ranch dressing for the kids.