Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is from the recipe book that came along with my OTG. We love these as snacks and sometimes as breakfast too : D Use any cheese that you prefer. I usually use a mix of cheddar and mozzarella. Omit the red chilli powder if you want it less spicy
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 150 g cheese, grated
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a pan, lightly saute chopped onion and bell pepper for 3-4 minutes.
- Mix the above with the cheese and the rest of the ingredients except for the bread.
- Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the bread slices.
- Place the slices on a baking sheet and place the sheet in the centre rack of the oven.
- Toast for 5 minutes or till bread turns light brown.
- Serve hot with chilli sauce : ).