Recipe by Reek Boot
This is a great and easy recipe for anyone who wants to add a bit of fire to their spuds. Its great for BBQs.
- 2 -3 baking potatoes
- 2 -3 fresh green chilies or 2 -3 regular chilies
- 6 -8 teaspoons chili oil
- 150 g mature cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180 DEG Celcius.
- Wash and Dry the potatoes, leaving the skins on.
- Cut the top off the potatoes and then slice the rest into"1/2 inch" thick slices, cutting off the bottom off as well to able it to sit flat.
- With a sharp knife, score the slices making a grid effect on 1 side of the slice.
- Use the chile oil to cover the scored side.
- The oil will absorbed into the scores when cooking.
- Place in oven, on a greased oven tray for 35 minutes or until cooked through.
- finely chop chiles and grate the cheese.
- Depending on how spicy you like your food the seeds can be kept or removed.
- When the potatoes are ready, remove them from the oven and sprinkle the finely chopped chiles onto the top side of the spuds.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the chiles until all the potatoes are covered.
- Replace them into the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese is starting to melt.
- Remove from oven, garnish with parsley and serve.
- They can be eaten right away but are also great when cold.