Recipe by LexingtonMom
Can't go wrong with cheddar, parmesan, butter and garlic, right? For lower calories, substitute margarine for butter and use 2% fat cheddar. Perfect and easy side dish is PastaRoni's Parmesan Angel Hair box mix.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 -6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and stir garlic powder into it.
- Spray 13 x 9 glass dish with nonstick spray.
- On shallow plate, mix together crumbs, cheeses, and S&P.
- Dredge each chicken piece in butter mixture, then in crumb mixture, patting to ensure a generous coating of cheeses.
- Place in baking dish. Sprinkle leftover cheese on top so chicken is well-covered with the good stuff.
- Bake uncovered for 35 to 45 minutes at 375 degrees. Don't overcook or it will dry out!