Recipe by vgmiles
This recipe came from my mother-in-law. One bite and I knew I had married the right man. This is delicious with barbeque.
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies, chopped
- 4 egg whites
- 4 egg yolks
- 2⁄3 cup canned milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine cheeses and green chilies.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Combine yolks, milk, flour, salt,and pepper. Mix well.
- Fold egg whites into yolk mixture.
- Pour egg mixture into cheese and "ooze" through with a fork.
- Put in 9x13 greased casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove and place thickly sliced tomato around the edge. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and sugar.
- Return to oven and bake another 20 minutes until cheese is browned and tomatoes are cooked through.
- I often omit the tomato and it is just as tasty.