1/3 Photos of Cheese Burger Alfredo Casserole
Karen From Colorado's Note:
The recipe is dedicated to all those single parents and career people that don't have a lot of time at the end of the day to prepare dinner and that don't mind using prepared ingredients for a quick meal. I made this up because my daughter was sick with a cold and a sore throat and wanted something soft and easy to eat. Granted the French fried onions did not fit in with that idea, but they did add a nice taste and crunch to this casserole and she managed them just fine despite her sore throat. Since I was caring for both her and my baby grandson, I didn't have a lot of time to spend on making dinner. The entire casserole (except for the spices) cost me about $20 and after feeding 3 adults, there is plenty left over for another meal or lunches at work the next day. If you don't like leftovers, halve the recipe. I much prefer using ingredients that do not come from a jar or a can, but sometimes, you just have to do what you have to do to put a meal on the table on a budget, and this was my attempt. It is pretty tasty if I may say so for myself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 2 (16 ounce) packages large shell pasta (cooked according the the package instructions)
- 2 (15 ounce) jars alfredo sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 2 cups frozen corn or 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Brown the ground beef with the onions and spices; drain and rinse off the fat (you don't need the fat for flavor because you are going to add cheese flavors).
- 3In the meantime, cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- 4In a large casserole dish, mix together the ground beef and onion mixture, the vegetables, cooked pasta, jarred Alfredo sauce, and cheese cubes.
- 5Bake for 10 minutes; stir.
- 6Top casserole with the French fried onions.
- 7Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes or until hot and onions are browning.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Burger Alfredo Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 736.9
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 81.6 mg
- Sodium 1175.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 36.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: