Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This recipe is said to be a copycat from a local restaurant and I can't tell the difference. It is great in the winter served with a grilled cheese sandwich.
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped broccoli
- 3⁄4 cup of chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 6 cups water
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces kluski noodles
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 cups milk
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- 1 (5 ounce) canof swanson canned chicken
- Sauté the chopped onion in the margarine for 3 minutes.
- Add water and bouillon cubes and heat to a boil.
- Add noddles and salt; cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli and garlic powder; cook 4 minutes.
- Add milk, cubed cheese and chicken; simmer for 1 hour.
We LOVED this soup....very creamy and cheesy. The addition of the kluski noodles puts a nice twist in broccoli cheese soup making it comfort food at its best. Easy to make is an extra added bonus. Wish I could give it 10 stars. Thanks for sharing, Roger/OH!!!