Cheese, Broccoli, Potato, Chicken Soup
- In large pot or Dutch Oven, melt butter over med. heat. Mix in flour, stirring constantly until a thick paste forms. Remove from pot, and set aside.
- In same pot, combine water, bouillon cubes, chicken, broccoli, potato, green onions, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir in flour mixture a little bit at a time until soup thickens. Simmer 5 minutes. Reduce heat and stir in cream and sour cream. Mix in cheese, one cup at a time and stir until melted.
- 2 heads fresh broccoli, cut into florets can be used instead of the frozen broccoli.
- Note: You can easily omit the chicken – it won’t be missed. But add another potato in its place.