Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I am not sure where I got this recipe but have changed it enough to call it my own regardless... My prior boss used to love this soup so much he nicknamed me the "Soup Nazi" (Seinfeld episode) and said I should quit my current job (huh?) and open a soup restauraunt. I have quite a few other awesome soup recipes too. I will post them as time permits. Note: I NEVER follow recipes but this one is perfect the way it is. I won't change it. This is the best I have ever had. Enjoy!
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml celery, chopped
- 236.59 ml carrot, chopped
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 453.59 g fresh broccoli, chopped (use flowerettes)
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml flour
- 9.85 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 946.36 ml milk
- Tabasco sauce
- 453.59 g Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 473.18 ml cubed ham
- In a large saucepan combine broth, celery, carrots and onion. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 5 minutes. Add broccoli. Cook until tender crisp. Do not drain.
- To make sauce melt butter in a large saucepan. Blend in flour, salt, and pepper. Cook- stirring for 1 minute. Stir in milk. Cook until thickened. Add tabasco to taste. Stir in cheese and cook, stirring often, until melted. Stir in ham.
- Combine cheese mixture and undrained veggie mixture. Stir to blend.
Made this for our lunch and it was quite tasty! I made as directed only cutting the Veveeta cheese down a little. Definately will be making this again. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2012.