Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great for breakfast or anytime. Very versatile and easy. You can add a meat layer, but it's good with just cheese.
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, crust removed
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 -2 dash paprika
- 1 green onion, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Mix together all ingredients except for bread.
- Spread half the bread cubes in an ungreased souffle dish.
- Layer half of the cheese mixture on top, then make another layer of bread, and finish with a layer of cheese mixture.
- Cover with foil, and refrigerate overnight (if desired).
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes.