1/7 Photos of Cheese Bread
2 hrs 30 mins
This is a wonderful recipe for cheese bread, if you don't want to add in grated cheddar, add in small cubes of cheddar by hand after kneading. This can also be made on a stand mixer with a dough hook attached. If desired you can add in about 2 tablespoons room temperature Crisco shortening in with the yeast, warm water, sugar and salt, the bread will stay fresher longer and bake out with a softer texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine the yeast, warm water, sugar, salt and 1-1/2 cups flour; beat well with an electric hand mixer.
- 2By hand, add in the egg, cheese, caraway seed and dry onion, and as much of the remaining flour as needed to make a soft dough.
- 3Knead on a floured surface or in a heavy-duty stand mixer for about 8-10 minutes.
- 4Transfer to a greased bowl; cover and let rise until doubled (about 1 hour and 15-20 minutes, could take more or less time).
- 5Punch down dough.
- 6Remove from bowl onto lightly floured board; cut into 2 strips, and twist.
- 7Transfer to a slightly greased cookie sheet; tuck in ends of dough slightly.
- 8Cover with a clean tea towel, and let rise until double in bulk.
- 9If desired mix one egg white with 1 teaspoon cold water, brush on bread then sprinkle with, dryed onion, caraway seeds or sesame seeds before baking.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees (convection oven preferably) for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Bread
Serving Size: 1 (829 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2059.4
- Calories from Fat 430
- Total Fat 47.7 g
- Saturated Fat 26.1 g
- Cholesterol 304.6 mg
- Sodium 3702.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 323.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.1 g
- Sugars 27.9 g
- Protein 79.5 g