Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
This recipe came from a former restaurant in Portland, OR. They served it as an accompaniment to all dinners. Everyone seems to love it. Once spread is made it's only a few minutes to add to your dinner menu.
- 1⁄2 lb margarine
- 1⁄4 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄8 lb romano cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- sourdough French bread
- Have ingredients at room temperature, beat slowly in mixer until well blended and fluffy.
- Spread on sourdough french bread and toast under broiler until just bubbly.
There's a local restaurant in PA that also serves cheese bread as an accompaniment to all their dinners. My son loves their bread, and as a result, we patronize this restaurant more frequently than we would if they didn't serve the bread. I tried to duplicate it but no luck. Then I discovered recipezaar...and your recipe. My son likes it better than the restaurant's! Thank you for posting!!
Very good! We tweaked the amounts for one small loaf. This went really well with our vegetable soup! Thanks Mary.
Mmmm, this was good. Very buttery. I made an individual serving, so guessed at the reduced quantities, but think I did ok, and just mixed with a fork. Subbed a slice of white bread. I preferred the slice that was browned a bit. Made a nice little snack.