Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
Excellent. Watch for burning.
- 6 -6 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg white, beaten with
- 1 tablespoon water
- in large bowl combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt.
- Heat water and milk until very warm (120 to 130F).
- gradually add to flour mixture.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium spped.
- Add cheese, 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic; about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cover let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough in half.
- Form each half into 8-inch round ball; place on greased baking sheets.
- cover let rise until doubled in size about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Brush with egg white mixture.
- With sharp knife cut 2-inch x about 1/2 inch deep on top of each loaf.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes or until done.