Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
ZWT6 - Greece
- 1 lb phyllo dough, separate into layers
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 lbs monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- Take 1/2 of dough, brush both sides with melted butter (handle with care as sheets tear easily). Layer in cookie sheet.
- Mix 1 egg, cheese and parsley and pour onto dough (spread evenly).
- Take rest of dough, brush both sides with melted butter and layer on top.
- Seal edges with butter; cut into squares.
- Mix 2 eggs and 1 cup milk; pour over all.
- Bake in 325° to 350° oven for 30 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.